Early Patents using the term "PACS" or cited by such patents.
- US Patent 4,598,368 - Umemura, Y - Toshiba - Filed 1982/12/27 - Issued 1986/07/01 - Superposed Image Display Device
- US Patent 4,680,628 - Wojcik et al - Itek Corporation - Filed 1984/01/04 - Issued 1987/07/14 - Realtime Digital Diagnostic Image Processing System
- US Patent 4,653,112 - Ouimette - University of Connecticut - Filed 1985/02/05 - Issued 1987/03/24 - Image Data Management System
- US Patent 4,879,665 - Akatsuka - Olympus Optical Co - Filed 1985/09/04 - Issued 1989/11/07 - Medical Picture Filing System
- US Patent 4,833,625 - Fisher et al - University of Arizona - Filed 1986/07/09 - Issued 1989/05/23 - Image Viewing Station for Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS)
RSTAR MGH/3M PACS.
- US Patent 5,046,027 - Taaffe and Kaldis - Massachusetts General Hospital - Filed 1988/11/08 - Issued 1991/09/03 - Apparatus and Method for Processing and Displaying Images in a Digital Processor Based System
- US Patent 5,179,639 - Taaffe - Massachusetts General Hospital - Filed 1990/06/13 - Issued 1993/01/12 - Computer Display Apparatus for Simultaneous Display of Data of Differing Resolutions
- US Patent 5,179,651 - Taaffe and Kaldis - Massachusetts General Hospital - Filed 1991/02/05 - Issued 1993/01/12 - Apparatus for Retrieval and Processing of Selected Archived Images for Display at Workstation Terminals
- WO Patent Application WO/1990/005422 - Taaffe and Kaldis - Filed 1990/05/17 - Digital Image Processing and Display System
- WO Patent Application WO/1991/020073 - Taaffe - Filed 1991/05/28 - Multiple Buffer Computer Display Controller Apparatus
- WO Patent Application WO/1994/013095 - Taaffe - Filed 1993/11/23 - User Interface for Picture Archiving and Communications System